The differences between men and women have been widely discussed by psychoanalysts, philosophers and even divorce lawyers.
As for the car traders, this question might be relevant for them too. It's natural that women's preferences in what concerns cars is clearly different from those men have. According to some new statistics data women car shoppers tend to be more pragmatic and usually choose proportionate vehicles that are compact but solid.
As for the cars men mostly love to talk about, women have their point of view which is resumed in the following lines.
1. Mk1 Mazda Miata MX-5 is seen by women as a fun and cute automobile. They would use it mainly for road trips. As for the men who drives a car like this, women think that he probably doesn’t want others to take him too seriously.
2. Toyota Prius appears to the majority of women as a horrible car. It doesn't look fun at all and supposes that its driver is stuck in his family problems, is drunk and needs a taxi.
3. Honda S2000 obtains a score that is absolutely higher than that of the prior models. Most women consider this car has got real sex appeal and is the sort of car any girl would like to be picked up in and driven about in. The secret is in the fact that it looks expensive and sporty, and so should be its owner too.
4. Ford Mustang is even better seen by the weaker sex. They consider this car very sexy and very masculine. Women think that the guy driving it should have muscles to suit the car, so a Mustang's driver may count on special feminine attention anywhere and anytime.
5. Subaru Impreza WRX STI is evaluated as a car rather for a teenage brother. It’s too boy racer with that stupid spoiler and scoop. For most women this car looks cheap and is definitely not a car to take a girl on a date with.
6. Ferrari F40 is paradoxally not on women's taste. It just looks like a giant toy car. The rear is too boxy and the vents by the doors makes it look like bits of the car are missing. Only people with something to prove would drive this, and that’s a turnoff, and women don't look for such companions.
7. Corvette Stingray can't leave women indifferent. Looking at it all immediately think expensive. But lots of attention doesn't mean sympathy, women don’t like all the awkward angles. It's curious to stare at, but from the feminine point of view someone would have one when they’re having a mid-life crisis.
As you can see men and women do not always see the automotive world in the same perspective. But this, of course, doesn't imply any conflict. It simply demonstrates once again that tastes differ and there is no accounting for auto tastes neither.